VampireNovelFan's Reviews > The Baby-Sitters Club

The Baby-Sitters Club by Ann M. Martin

Apr 13, 2011

liked it
I own a copy

This book is directly related to the film, using movie stills and pretty much summarizing the plot lines from he 1995 flick. I really can't believe it's been that long already, but time flies. In this installment, the BSC members decide to create a summer camp for their kids. They're really excited and motivated to make the camp interactive and nurturing, but don't think Cokie Mason will allow things to go by so smoothly.

While they have that problem as a whole. Several of the club members also deal with their personal issues. Kristy has been acting strange and distant. While this book doesn't go as in depth with everyone's problems, Kristy's is the focus.

I think these books send a really positive message to the youth about friendship, sisterhood, and hardships that one can face and anytime in their life. I wish the generation of today could read these books and be motivated to do something extracurricular and enriching instead of being concerned with what's on tv and what video games they can play. And if they do read anything, something else other than Twilight, lol. Yes, I love vampires, too, but it's good to broaden one's horizons when growing up. Either way, this was a good series, even though this particular book was reflective of the norm. Any true BSC fan would want to have it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Baby-Sitters Club.

11/10/2016 marked as: read