Laurie's Reviews > Starlighter

Starlighter by Bryan Davis

F_50x66
Apr 13, 11

In Starlighter, two worlds collide. Jason, along with Randall and Elyssa, is on a quest to reach the Lost Ones in another world. The Lost Ones are enslaved by dragons and face immense oppression and difficulty. Meanwhile, Koren, who lives in the other world of the Lost Ones, has her life totally turned around when she discovers her unique gift. These teens face great challenges and need to use their talents, bravery and wits to save a lost world. Right from the beginning of the book, many characters are introduced and I got slightly confused about who was who. Still, Davis grabs your attention right from the start and the action picks up a lot more speed as the book progresses. The characters demonstrate amazing heroism and selflessness. There is some Christian symbolism in the book (it was not overly prominent and way less plentiful than Pilgrim’s Progress). One drawback was that I was confused by one aspect of the book. I just couldn’t picture or understand the description of one part of the book (but that could’ve just been me and you might not have problems). Overall, this was a good book that made me want to read the next one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Starlighter.