Mel's Reviews > Fair Game

Fair Game by Patricia Briggs

Mar 17, 12

bookshelves: e-book, urban-fantasy, werewolves, fae, favorites, 2012
Read from March 15 to 17, 2012

I've learned over the years than an ending can make or break a book. I've read books I loved until the end and was left feeling completely letdown. I've read books that were decent and only good because the ending stood out. Fair Game, the third book in Patricia Brigg's incredible Alpha & Omega series was great and had an ending that had me saying OMFG I can't believe that just happened.

Because it has been so long since a new Alpha & Omega book as been out I had forgotten just how much I loved Charles. For me it's always been more about Samuel and Bran as they are by far my favorite werewolves in any series. Fair Game shows a very broken Charles who is dealing with the ghosts of his past. It isn't easy being the Marrok's Wolfkiller and after being the one to bring justice to the werewolves for so many years it has taken a huge toll on Charles. So much so that it's damaged the bond he shares with his mate and wife, the Omega wolf, Anna.

To distract Charles, Bran sends him off to Boston with Anna to help the FBI find a serial killer. Turns out the serial killer has been killing people for decades and has primarily been focused on the Fae. Only recent did the killer start slaughtering wolves as well. Seeing Charles struggle to keep his nature in check while hunting down a serial killer and protect his wife gave an insight to the werewolf bogeyman that we haven't seen before. Anna, being his mate and an Omega would help him if only he would let her.

This book was by far the best book in the series. Those of you who are into the Mercy Thompson series but haven't stepped into the Alpha & Omega world will need to read these books before reading Frost Burned as the shocking ending in Fair Game will have a HUGE impact on the next Mercy Thompson book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fair Game.

Quotes Mel Liked

Patricia Briggs
“Leslie had learned two valuable things about the fae that day. They were powerful and charming -- and they ate children and puppies.”
Patricia Briggs, Fair Game