Abby's Reviews > The Walking Dead, Book Two

The Walking Dead, Book Two by Robert Kirkman

Apr 14, 11

bookshelves: graphic-novel
Read from April 13 to 14, 2011

Man, these are SO HARD to review without giving it all away. So I'll just preface this with SPOILERS! PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

**************************************

Ok, so now that that's out of the way, Hardcover Volume 2 finds our hungry survivors at the gates of a prison. Rick and Tyrsese go gang busters killing zombies to clear the prison yard and as they start to explore, they find four former prisoners locked into the cafeteria, which is stocked with FOOD! Even though they feel somewhat safer, life in the prison is not good. There's a murderer on the loose, zombies are beating against the chainlink fence, and tempers are running high. Ethical questions come up a lot more in this volume, especially once Rick declared "You kill, you die." Proving himself hypocritical only a few pages later, the reasoning behind his revamped motto "You kill, you LIVE" is both deeply sad and yet strangely moral.

We meet a few new characters, too, though they're not very developed yet. I hope we'll see more of Michonne -- lone swordswoman with pet zombies? Yes please!

There's also more illumination as to the possible cause of the zombies when some characters who were not bitten die and then come back as zombies. Is it a virus? Are we all zombies? Hopefully there will be more information in volume 3.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Walking Dead, Book Two.