Christi Snow's Reviews > Heat Seeker

Heat Seeker by Lora Leigh

Apr 15, 11

Read in April, 2011

My Review:
A Forever Love- that's what this book is about. Trent and Bailey were partners on an operation in Australia that ended positively. They celebrated by finally giving into their attraction and connection, but then Trent was killed by a car bomb which devastated Bailey.

Now it's 6 years later and Bailey is running her own op- one for revenge against Warbucks who hired the killer that killed her family. Also after Warbucks is Elite Ops. A year ago they had crossed paths with Bailey and it resulted in her losing her position within the CIA. Now they want her help and want her to partner up with John Vincent.

Bailey has the same kind of connection with John that she had with Trent and immediately becomes suspicious when she realizes that some of his mannerisms are also the same that Trent's were. It's no secret that the Elite Ops guys are deeply undercover and that they are "dead" men so as the days go on, Bailey is more and more convinced that John is really Trent and feeling abandonment and hurt because of it.

The love scenes between these two are sizzling. The history between them cannot be denied or ignored and that makes everything between them all the more powerful and emotional. The scenes where they had total honesty between them had me tearing up...so good!

The suspense is pretty good. I had my suspicions who the bad guy was, but it definitely kept me guessing till the end.

I like the continual challenge in these books of the guys of Elite Ops falling in love and how Jordan (the guy in charge) is handling it. It adds a certain comedic element to it although it's very serious because all of these guys have signed over their lives to Elite Ops. I like that he's trying to be tough about his stance, but he always gives in. I cannot wait to read his and Tehya's book- you know that he's going to be stubborn until the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heat Seeker.