Christine's Reviews > Fair Game

Fair Game by Josh Lanyon

Apr 13, 11

Read in March, 2011

Hot damn I loved this book. Fair Game was my first read by Mr. Lanyon, but it certainly won't be my last.

So many things I thought worked well with this story. The build up of the killer mystery really hit the mark for me. It didn't seem rushed or contrived as Elliot worked his way through the events. Hell, the doubts he had as to if there was a real murder to deal with kept me reading.

The romance between Elliot and Tucker (for me) had just the right amount of angst and a whole heaping of believability. Both these men are complex with a lot of history between them. Nothing is easy or gets pushed aside without work on both their parts. The slow coming together of these two had me flipping the pages like mad.

But don't be mistaken, this is Elliot's story. It's his challenges and issues that we want to see resolved almost as much as the murder plot. It's as much a character study in a person's ability to overcome hardship, as it is a whodunnit.

I couldn't put it down once I'd started.

Highly recommended.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fair Game.

message 1: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen You should really check out Lanyon's Adrien English Series

Christine They are on my list to get. I have a trip coming up and need something good to read. :)