Sherry Ellis's Reviews > A Dog's Way Home

A Dog's Way Home by Bobbie Pyron

Apr 13, 11

Read in April, 2011

A Dog's Way Home is a story about a dog named Tam and a girl named Abby. As the story begins, Abby and Tam are competing in an agility contest. Their special bond is apparent. They are the perfect team because of their deep love and understanding. As expected, they go on to win the competition. Life is good. On the way home, all of that changes. They are involved in a terrible crash in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Abby and her mom are badly hurt. And Tam - he and his crate fly out of the back of the pick-up truck, careen down a cliff, and land in a raging river. Will he survive? Will he make it back to the girl he loves? You'll have to read the book to find out.

A dog's way home is beautifully written. The chapters alternate between Tam's adventure and Abby's life. It's an action-packed story that's hard to put down. Just when you think it can't get any worse, it does. Your heart just goes out to that poor little dog. Although I found myself more interested in the Tam's story, I still enjoyed reading Abby's story, and could feel her pain and frustration. A Dog's Way Home really touches the heart. It's a poignant story of how love and determination can overcome all obstacles. I highly recommend this book for readers ages nine and older.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Dog's Way Home.