Haider Al-Mosawi's Reviews > The EFT Manual

The EFT Manual by Gary Craig

Apr 24, 11

Read from April 13 to 15, 2011

I tend to be skeptical about techniques that promise great results with very little effort. It's not that I don't believe it's possible, but there are many resources out there that over promise and under deliver.

To be told that a series of taps on the face, upper body and hands can lead to dramatic results would make anyone raise an eyebrow (or two... or three), which is why I put off reading about EFT for a long time.

But I've heard many great things about EFT, and those who've tried it out swear by its effectiveness, which is why I thought I'd read this book and give the technique a shot.

The basic premise behind EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) is that negative thoughts and experiences give rise to unhealthy emotions and cravings by causing a disturbance in the flow of energy through our body.

The tapping sequences that EFT suggests are intended to bring about balance to our body's energy and help release the unhealthy emotions we may experience, similar to the principles of acupuncture targeting pressure points in the body.

I tried EFT on a number of emotions I wanted to release (overwhelm, intimidation, stress, etc) and asked my wife to try it to relieve the stress she was experiencing prior to giving birth.

We both feel that EFT was effective, and I'd like to continue experimenting with it to find out the range of issues it can help in overcoming.

This isn't to say that I completely by the explanation offered by the author as to why the tapping procedure works, but it's something worth exploring further.

The book is very clear in explaining the theory behind EFT, as well as how to practice the technique. I suggest you either read the book or check out some YouTube videos to get a feel for the technique and find out for yourself whether it can be of value to you or not.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The EFT Manual.