Ashley - Book Labyrinth's Reviews > My Sparkling Misfortune

My Sparkling Misfortune by Laura Lond

Nov 21, 11

bookshelves: for-review, from-author, ebook, my-books
Read on November 21, 2011

‘My Sparkling Misfortune’ is a super cute story that takes place in a fairy-tale like kingdom. It involves a fairy realm, the place where Sparklings (good fairies) and Gormacks (bad fairies) come from. Arkus is our main character and he thinks himself a villain, yet his actions and words prove that he’s quite heroic. Arkus basically spends his life running from a beast who has been tasked with killing him, and he ends up with a new identity in a kingdom where people think he is their hero.

Arkus provides a very humourous narration. He’s sort of self-deprecating and is almost teasing the reader as he keeps proclaiming what a villain he is. The relationship between the two main characters (Arkus and Tulip -- or Jarvi as Arkus re-names him) is very funny and filled with quips back and forth. As I said, this is a very cute and fun story, and my only real complaint is that it leaves off without real resolution. Some things are wrapped up, but it does leave you hanging for Book 2, as Arkus just decides to end the story at a certain point. Overall a very charming book; a quick read that I think most people would appreciate.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Sparkling Misfortune.