Trish's Reviews > There Is No Death: The Extraordinary True Experience

There Is No Death by Sarah Lanelle Menet

Apr 12, 11

Read in April, 2011

I felt like I was reading a tabloid. The way the book is structured, all chopped up with headers, makes this a very fast read. The writing is nothing special, very plain. Perhaps it was kept that way so as not to be misunderstood. I don't like the title of the book because if there is no death, then there can't be life. I understand the reason why the wording was chosen, though. Titles need to grab your attention. That only increases the tabloid feeling to me.

What a magnet for disaster this woman's life was! She seems to be stronger for it. Anyone who survives physical abuse from a parent and chooses to be a better person has my compassion and respect. Still...

I don't know how I feel about near death experience books. I've read one other one before. I think I checked it out from the library after meeting the author. This one was loaned to me. I think what bothers me about them is that when I read them I know what I'm reading, so it changes the way I read it and I'm focusing on whether or not I think the author is nuts. I suppose this is where the tabloid feeling originates. I can say that both books have an end goal of motivating you to be good and do good and love everyone. That can't be a bad thing.

What I do like about this book is the description of spirits radiating different intensities of light that corresponds to their level of righteousness. There's a truth to that that just resonates with me.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read There Is No Death.