kellz's Reviews > Stolen

Stolen by Kelley Armstrong

F 50x66
Apr 12, 11

Read in April, 2011

A definite page turner; I couldn't put it down! Elena just might be my favorite character in the series. I have to say, I didn't think I would dig the whole werewolf thing, not exactly my favorite supernatural race (I tend to prefer the more 'mystical' characters like casters) but Armstrong has converted me.

I enjoyed the story, and I like how each book in the series takes characters we know into a unique adventure, rather than sticking to a formula. The continued characterization is what makes me want to continue further into the series so I can learn more about the charaters.

Elena and Clay's romance is intense and convincing, there is nothing forced or fake about it, and I appreciate how Armstong made it feel natural and real by not making them the perfect storybook couple. Their devotion to each other despite the flaws in their relationship (for example: Elena's inability to fully forgive Clay for biting her) grounds a story with so many paranormal aspects to something believable.

I didn't read the series in order: I read Dime Store Magic through Haunted then came back and read Bitten and Stolen. I will say that if I read them in order, I might not have looked forward to Paige's narration (she wasn't exactly introduced in the best light in this book,) and I can see how some people found her annoying. She definite redeems herself in the books that follow.

Looking forward to continuing the series with book 6!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stolen.