Norma's Reviews > The Betrayal of Maggie Blair

F_50x66
Apr 12, 11

bookshelves: netgalley
Read on April 09, 2011

First let me say that I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this cover. It is so beautiful.

This book had actually been previously released in the UK under another name. It is going to be making its US debut in just a short while.

Elizabeth Laird allows the reader to step back in time to 17th century Scotland. It was a time of struggle and strife. Young Maggie Blair was falsely accused of witchcraft as many others were. It was common back then to quickly call someone a witch because you didn’t like them. Thus ending their life.

Unlike many women, Maggie managed to escape her captures and goes on the run. She ends up at her uncle’s house in the hopes of hiding out. However, trouble is close on her heels.

I really loved the vivid descriptions of the people and places. I have always wanted to go to Scotland since my mom’s family is from there. This book helped transport me there.

In conjunction with the Wakela's World Disclosure Statement, I received a product in order to enable my review. No other compensation has been received. My statements are an honest account of my experience with the brand. The opinions stated here are mine alone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Betrayal of Maggie Blair.