LenaLena's Reviews > A Matter of Time

A Matter of Time by Mary Calmes

Jul 11, 11

bookshelves: mm, action, kindle-lendable
Read in April, 2011, read count: 2

I really, really liked this series. The only thing it needs is a better editor, a much better editor. The spelling errors are particularly jarring, because they are all real words (so undetected by the spell checker) in the wrong place. Some phrases get repeated too often. We also need about a third of the secondary characters cut, since I honestly can't keep track of all the guys that are chasing Jory and all the women that are not important to the story. Editors are not a luxury, people.

Apart from that I loved the dynamic between Jory and Sam. Even if Jory is TSTL...... Still liked him.

Reread July '11:
Wow, I must have read a load of truly atrociously edited stuff since I read this first a few months ago (and I have, I know I have), because this time around the editing didn't bug me at all. I skimmed the mystery bits, since I already knew whodunnit, and focused on Jory and Sam. Awesome. Love these guys. I want Jory for my BFF and Sam is the ultimate Alpha.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Matter of Time.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

FYI these books (1-4) are really all one story that literally got chopped up in 4 pieces. They aren't stand alones by any means.

message 2: by LenaLena (last edited Apr 12, 2011 06:43PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

LenaLena I know. I just put the first one I could find in my to read list as a reminder, because I HAVE CUT MYSELF OFF UNTIL I FINISH MY TAXES!

Going into withdrawal already.....

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

OUCH. I need to finish too, but I'm good at procrastinating. I've been telling myself "tonight" all week so far :D

Nicci So glad you end up liking the series despite the editing issues. I think I spent most of my time LMAO. Jory, sigh! There are no words for Jory. Very amusing.

LenaLena There are no words for Jory. True. Exasperating comes close, but that's not positive enough.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Blond.

LenaLena Nailed it, Kate.

message 8: by Mel (new)

Mel Meh, I have the first in this series but I'm not sure if I'm going to read it. I read Change of Heart by this author and I really, really didn't like it. I was one of the few though...