Dana ****Reads Alot****'s Reviews > The Glass Castle

The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls

Apr 17, 11

bookshelves: books-read-in-2011
Read from April 15 to 17, 2011

I just started this book tonight and in the first few pages I just felt myself getting really angry and not know ing if I can continue this. Imagine these poor small children with such ignorant, neglectful parents who would allow their three year old to cook herself a hot dog on the stove, in the process getting badly burned, and acting like it was no big deal...even encouraged her to play with fire after the incident "to face her fears". What that poor girl went through along with her brothers and sister being raised by mentally ill parents, where the heck are the child services when they are needed? The father was the worst. The mother was just from another planet of denial to anything around her. Living on basically a diet of cantaloupe and grapes. And this is just one person's story of what is going on in their home. Or went on. Ughhh I know god must be protecting these children.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Glass Castle.

Meru That sounds awful! Did you continue reading it? Kind of reminds me of that movie Mathilda....except Mathilda was funny and sweet.

Dana ****Reads Alot**** I did finish it, it was one of the best books I have read. Meru you have to read it, the amazing part is three of the four kids came out normal and pretty successful, the one had alot of problems in the end. never saw mathilda.

Meru *Putting it on my list!*
Okay, you HAVE to see Matilda! It's $5 at Target. Such a cute movie. Kids will love it. My kids have watched it a million times, we're on our 3rd DVD because the others were worn out! lol