Lindsay's Reviews > Chain Reaction

Aug 28, 11

bookshelves: cover-lust, all-time-favorites, books-i-own
Read on August 28, 2011

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

Luis Fuentes has been naughty. And cocky. And confused. And one bad ass sexy head over heels in love boy. The youngest Fuentes brother. I was so desperate to get this book ever since I first read about him in Perfect Chemistry. This book was not at all what I expected it to be and even though that was disappointing, Elkeles made up for it with her exciting plot twists (seriously, very shocking) and hilarious writing.

That cockiness that all the Fuentes brothers have at first always bothers me. I think it challenges my inner girl to fight back like Brittany, Kiara, and finally Nikki have with each of the boys. But I did warm up to Luis. Even when he acted like an idiot and I wanted nothing more than to slap him upside the head like his mi'ama, I still love the boy.

Then there's Nikki. At the beginning, I did not like her. Then in the middle I did, then I didn't, then I did, and then I stopped myself because things were getting a little ridiculous. The truth about Nikki is, I don't like the decisions she made but in ways I can relate to her. She had her heart broken and didn't know how to open up, something a lot of people aren't good at it. But in a way, I think she was perfect for Luis because they both had their stupid moments that made them the perfect couple for each other.

I was so happy to see Alex and Brittany again. As I've said before, they are without a doubt my most favorite YA couple because they are so perfect. Brittany was flawed but such an amazing person. Alex...sexy as hell. And it was great seeing Carlos and Kiara, though we didn't get much of her in this one. Even if Carlos is stupid at times, he had the sweetest moments with Kiara...so romantic it sickens me ;)

Overall, I loved this book so so much. It surpassed my expectations which does not usually happen in series. I am adding Luis to my harlem of Top Guys to Rap Hide in my Closet Forever. Is it weird to want to have a threesome with them all? Hell yes. But who cares. Anyways, I wish Simone Elkeles, who has proven once again just how much of an amazing author she is, would right something new coming soon. I would love to see what would happen with the Fuentes's sons and daughters. Paco, Junior, etc. Maybe one day if we're lucky...until then though, I'll settle with her Ruined trilogy to keep me busy.

Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chain Reaction.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Susan Griscom I'm looking forward to reading this. I hope I can get to it soon. :)

Lindsay I'm hoping you do too. It takes a little bit too warm up to the characters but the story is so great. You're definitely going to love this. :)

Stacia (the 2010 club) I actually thought Luis was endearing. His cockiness was very playful, not full on arrogant.

Lindsay It seemed arrogant at first but I loved it later on. Especially since he admitted how he acted. I pray there is more to the series...with the sons or something.

Stacia (the 2010 club) A spin-off would be nice.

Lindsay I wish. I keep checking her profile anxiously to see if she's planning anything new but so far, nothing. Right now though, I'm reading her Ruined series. Have you read it?