Mark's Reviews > The Most Human Human: What Talking with Computers Teaches Us About What It Means to Be Alive

The Most Human Human by Brian Christian

Apr 12, 11

Read in April, 2011

Although the book lacks a solid theme and tends to be a mash of somewhat disconnected topics, Christian still able to describe some of the most intriguing elements of individual humanity. I'm giving the book 4 stars because it included infobites I find interesting, even though many were not new to me.

It is obvious Christian is an intelligent author with a careful skill of recognizing the importance of many elements of life that are commonly overlooked. His positive outlook and admiration for humanity is tantamount to the excellent value system he has developed.

It was refreshing to read a book that praises humanity and human qualities in a field of nay-sayers perpetually condemning humanity. It is best to know the positive and negative qualities of humanity so we can have the opportunity to improve without sacrificing our human essence.

The book would have been even better had it chosen a message, made it clear to the reader, and delivered it without wavering.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Most Human Human.