Renee's Reviews > The Edge of Night

Apr 13, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011
Read from April 12 to 13, 2011

LOVED this.

Both hero and heroine were really well drawn. I always worry when a book hits really close to home on a personal level. But the depiction of Noah as a 3-dimensional cop --not always the tough guy, he feels things deeply and thinks about what he's doing, felt realistic to me. (I come from a cop family, and Noah really rang true to my family members that were in law enforcement.) Also, the latino community that April lives in was familiar to where some of my family was from and where I worked with kids like (secondary character) Eric.

I've always loved Jill Sorenson's writing, and enjoy how she usually has a main couple and a secondary younger couple. Both relationships were really well done. I think The Edge of Night is her best work, yet.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Edge of Night.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Judith (new)

Judith Immediately thought of the old soap opera of several decades ago . . . one of my favorites. Would love to read this one. Looks really good and Sorenson is just a master at the writing thing.

Renee Judith wrote: "Immediately thought of the old soap opera of several decades ago . . . one of my favorites. Would love to read this one. Looks really good and Sorenson is just a master at the writing thing."

lol. Me, too! I used to watch the soap after I got home from high school.

I really, really recommend it, Judith!