Boo's Reviews > Nomad: From Islam to America: A Personal Journey Through the Clash of Civilizations

Nomad by Ayaan Hirsi Ali

Apr 12, 11

Read in January, 2011

Wow. Ali brings to light with a graceful writing style how radical Islam is being strengthened in America and Europe in the gathered pockets of Muslims now living in Western society. She addresses why Muslims, especially women, are not taking advantage of the freedoms offered in the countries in which they live and how political correctness is actually harming Muslim women and children and keeping them from education and freedom. This book was a real eye-opener even though I have studied the issues before. The most interesting point to me was her example of home-schooling muslim girls or sending them to private muslim schools to prevent contamination by Western ways and keep them under the control of the males in their family. I know that home-schooled students must pass yearly exams and I need to investigate if school systems are requiring these home-schooled muslim girls to pass their yearly tests and if not, are they taking action to ensure that they are getting the education required by law in America that they deserve. Basically, Ali is shedding light on the sad fact that free, Western societies are allowing radical Islamic families to continue their barbaric practices of female circumcision and continue supressing females with abuse and control right under the cover of constitutional rights.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nomad.