Jess the Romanceaholic's Reviews > The Abandoned

The Abandoned by Amanda Stevens

This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: Available Now!
Publisher: Harlequin
Imprint: Mira
Author’s Website: http://www.amandastevens.com/
My Source for This Book: Amazon.com (free as of April 12, 2011)
Part of a Series: Yes. Book 0.5 in the Graveyard Queen Series (Prequel to the forthcoming novel, The Restorer)
Steam Level: Warm

So a short while ago, you may remember me fangirling all over Amanda Stevens’ forthcoming novel, The Restorer, scheduled for release next week. For those of you who are not yet able to have gotten your hands on the full-length novel, Ms. Graves has released this short story prequel to introduce readers into the world of The Restorer. Here, you will not only get to briefly meet both Amelia and Detective Devlin, but you will also get an introduction to the Order of the Coffin and the Claw, which plays a large part in both stories.

I have to start off this review by telling you, in no uncertain terms, that reading The Abandoned (or The Restorer for that matter) when it’s dark, rainy, and the entire household has gone to bed is a bad idea. Deliciously creepy, without being an over-the-top horror story, The Abandoned skillfully draws the reader into a world where simply not believing in ghosts won’t be enough to save you.

Overall, this was a quick, spooky read that leads beautifully into The Restorer without being a total cliff-hanger, which I appreciated. Fans of things that go bump in the night, but who prefer to get their scares without a lot of gore will almost certainly enjoy this read. 4.5/5 Stars
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Abandoned.