Lisa Carroll's Reviews > Imagine a Place

Imagine a Place by Sarah L. Thomson

F 50x66
Apr 12, 11

bookshelves: module-3-booklist

Wow! I don't know what else to say, but wow. If you simply took the words and put them to paper, it wouldn't necessarily be a story. It might be something to ponder for the older reader. But, when you add the illustrations, it is simply magic. The words and the illustrations blend perfectly together that one can't exist without the other. I want to buy a copy of this just to keep for myself. Sarah Thomson wrote the book and this was illustrated by Rob Gonsalves. There are apparently other books in the series and I can't wait to check them out! For every short refrain, there was a large image on the oppositite page. The images would appear to be one thing, and then there were so many details and then the image would appear to be something different. It is so hard to explain, but the images are beautiful. My five year old was as amazed by the pictures as I was. Although this picture book was intended for younger children, this is a book that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. The images are truly works of art and the words make you ponder. This also would be a good way to try to get children to be creative and make up their own story. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Imagine a Place.