Erin Danzer's Reviews > Dream Smashers

Dream Smashers by Angela Carlie

Apr 22, 11

Read from April 12 to 22, 2011

Joy. Laughter. Despair. Heartbreak. Hope.

That's the gamut of emotions I went through while reading this book. Tears flowed freely (the scene at Share House was heartbreaking). The book was written so fluidly, so powerfully that I couldn't put it down until I read the last word. I didn't know the first thing about being around someone crashing off drugs; I do now. I know what it's like to fall in love, to need to protect the ones you love, and to reach the point where faith is the only answer. Truly amazing.

Author Angela Carlie dives head first into the gritty, dirty world of meth addiction. It's a real problem and Carlie didn't shy away from the hard stuff. But she also gave us some of the good stuff. The transformations of the characters (or lack thereof in the case of Jacinda) is so real I feel like I just spent the morning with a group of close friends.

I truly cannot wait to see what else Angela Carlie has in store for us. She's yet another extraordinary writer and should be proud of the heart, soul, blood and tears she poured into her novel. 5 STARS all the way!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dream Smashers.

04/21/2011 page 7
3.0% "I can't wait to have the time to really dig into this novel. So far, in only 7 pages, I want to find a quiet place to read it cover to cover."
show 1 hidden update…