Jessica at Book Sake's Reviews > Waterfall

Waterfall by Lisa Tawn Bergren

Apr 12, 2011

Read from April 12 to 16, 2011

I like time travel books, but this is one that I love. From the moment I picked it up the writing ensnared me. I read the book over a few days, the last day covering 150 pages of it at once because I just didn’t want to put it down. While it centers around a teenage girl, I think that boys will like this story just as much. There is adventure in the form of sword play and battles along with Gabriella being trapped in a different time. (This is one that I am recommending the rest of my family read as well!)

Gabriella is written so well that girls will want to be her and parents will love her being a role model for their children. There is nothing in the novel that parents would object to their children reading and that might come from the author writing a story that her own children would read. Never once did anything feel forced or contrived. All of the different characters, and there are many, are very well laid out that I can envision each as if I were watching it play out in front of me. If I had book 2, Cascade, right now, I would be devouring it today. I cannot wait to read the rest of this trilogy.

I like time travel books, but this is one that I love. From the moment I picked it up the writing ensnared me. I read the book over a few days, the last day covering 150 pages of it at once because I just didn't want to put it down. While it centers around a teenage girl, I think that boys will like this story just as much. There is adventure in the form of sword play and battles along with Gabriella being trapped in a different time. (This is one that I am recommending the rest of my family read as well!)

Reviewed by Jessica for Book Sake. 5/5

This book was a heck of a lot better than I expected it to be. The characters are well developed and different from one another. I’d read the book thinking it had been ten minutes when really it was thirty. It is one of the fastest and easiest books I’ve ever read, and not in a bad way. The plot was well planned. The overall story was original and well written. I couldn’t stop thinking about what would happen next. And I didn’t expect multiple plot points to happen. I’m hoping that the other two books in the series are half as good as this one. They’re definitely on my list to read next.

Reviewed by Kole for Book Sake. 5/5

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Waterfall.

04/14/2011 page 120

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Bergren Thanks, Jessica! CASCADE is just 19 days away--woot!

extraordinary ordinary whimsy I completely agree. This book rocked! I'm off to buy Cascade.