Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews's Reviews > A Prideful Mate

A Prideful Mate by Amber Kell

Apr 12, 11

Read in April, 2011

When can three equal a suitable two? When people learn to compromise and stop to listen. Ah, but that’s not always so easy...especially when there’s a lion and a jaguar involved.

Amber Kell’s book, A Prideful Mate is a complicated and intricate read. There’s a lot going on in just a few pages, but it’s interesting to see how Ms. Kell makes it all work. Although this is a short read, I felt immersed in the story and needed to know what would happen next. I liked the twists and turns as well. Just when I thought things would go one way, Ms. Kell zagged. I didn’t know what would happen next, but I sure held on to find out.

Now I did say this story was complicated. It is, but it’s a good thing. Kevin’s tired of being alone. He wants his mate, not just someone to warm the bed. I can’t say I blame him. What I had a hard time buying into was his role. At times, he comes across very alpha. At other times, he’s very beta. I liked the fluctuations, but I wanted a little more insight into why he switched so much. I still rooted for him to have things work out. He’s a cutie. And then there’s Payce. He’s rather an enigma. He’s got lots of baggage, but the brooding part of him works well. He’s the one I’d like to see stroll through my living room—in cat or man form. I would’ve liked to have seen more communication between the characters, but really, that’s what works for the story. I could relate to the silence and the complications.

The antagonist is nicely nasty and totally not what I’d pictured. My one issue with the story? I wanted it longer. I wanted to know what would happen next. There’s lots of subplot going on and it would be really cool to see where things go with the secondary and primary characters.

If you want a story that’s sticky sweet and super hot, you need to read A Prideful Mate. 3.5 cherries.

originally posted at http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Prideful Mate.