Alison's Reviews > Night's Cold Kiss

Night's Cold Kiss by Tracey O'Hara

Apr 12, 11

Read in December, 2009

if ever there was an explosion that started the universe I think it would look something like the start of this debut story from Tracey O’Hara.

HUGE start, that just doesn’t stop. Night’s Cold Kiss is an adrenaline filled rollercoaster that had me in tears by page 50, hot under the collar by page 30 and my heart racing by page 10.

My only problem was the new terms for vampires. Particularly as these were introduced in the first few pages without any real explanation as to what they were. So the new terms “Aeternus”, “Necrodremiancs” etc, were just very distracting, standing out and jarring what is otherwise an incredibly smooth flowing story. Read the glossary at the back of the book before starting the first page and I think you’ll be in readers heaven.

Our heroine Antoinette is the strong, sexy, not-so-silent type. Oh, and there’s a malamute (so cute). The heroes are all pretty strong and sexy themselves.

Some serious “hmm, didn’t see THAT coming” moments, a few “oh, I bet he did it” moments (some I was right, some I was wrong), what a story!

If you like Keri Arthur or Laurel K Hamilton’s Anita Blake you will love this. Gosh, and this is her first! That’s a lot to live up to for book two in what has the potential tol become a major series in the world of paranormal romance/urban fantasy. But no pressure Tracey! I am looking forward to reading more!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night's Cold Kiss.