ErinReadsTooMuch's Reviews > The Wedding

The Wedding by Julie Garwood

Apr 19, 11

Read from April 08 to 10, 2011, read count: 1

I am finding I really like Julie Garwood. This book is a historical romance set in the Highlands of Scotland, which I love. The main heroine (Brenna) is very likable and smart, which is awesome. The main Hero (Connor) starts off as the typical emotionless warrior, but what is fun is watching how Brenna's emotionalism confuses him. He expects women to behave a certain way, and she doesn't, which is very confusing for a man who has had little to no emotionalism in his life. He knows honor and vengeance, and has lived his life to fulfill the promise of retribution made to his father while he was dying. Of course, he hurts Brenna (emotionally), but not intentionally. Mostly because he hasn't a clue how to "comfort" someone, or why a woman would need reassurances of anything. The female species is a mystery to him, because he simply has never taken the time to find out how they work, other than physically. The side characters are also incredibly enjoyable, and she keeps just enough action and drama to keep it moving. Brenna is an incredibly enjoyable heroine to read, and Connor gets it eventually. Next on my Julie Garwood book list is "Murder List". Should be fun!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wedding.