Nikole Hahn's Reviews > The Final Summit: A Quest to Find the One Principle That Will Save Humanity

The Final Summit by Andy Andrews

Apr 11, 11

Read in April, 2011

No one moved. Finally, Winston blinked and shook his head slightly. “I’m sorry,” he said. “Seems like yesterday. My point was, I suppose, that as long as there is breath, there is hope.” – Pg. 87

The Final Summit was an unusual combination of fiction and historical fact. It’s part of a series about a group of Travelers whose travels span time and place for a divine purpose. I got into this series late beginning with The Final Summit. David Ponder returns and has to find the one concept that could save humanity.

“In the period allotted by this timepiece,” Gabriel said to everyone present, “you must answer the following question correctly.” He removed a small parchment from his robe and read, “What does humanity need to do, individually and collectively, to restore itself to the pathway toward successful civilization?” (Pg. 67)

At first, I thought I would find some surreal adventure like Lord of the Rings or C.S. Lakin’s Map Across Time, and instead found my eyes relishing each delightful historical fact like chocolate bon-bons and stepping into the lives of Winston Churchill, Eric Erickson, Anne Frank, George Washington Carver, and others. What would that kind of summit be like to sit among people both your peers and others of higher intelligence? In this book, Andrews points out all of humanities pluses and shortfalls.

“As humans,” the archangel said without missing a beat, “you think you are stronger than ever before. You worship your own intelligence. You’ve been to the moon and consider that a grand accomplishment, yet you are not clever enough to find the clues He left you about who made the moon in the first place!” (Pg. 140)

The book begins with a lot of info dumping. By itself, the book can stand on its own without having read the other books in the series. The writing flows smoothly. My mind could easily forget that this is a work of fiction and question his words about a more advanced civilization (though he makes a good case for it—pre-flood?). There’s a lot we do not know in any case and I am not educated enough to make a strong case for or against it. Suffice it to say, one can easily forget this is merely a work of fiction. I enjoyed the book, felt inspired by it, and in our current spiritual state, needed to hear some of the words. Maybe it was no accident that I am reading this book today. I think we could learn a lot from the wisdom between the covers.

Book provided by the publisher to review. All of my reviews are objective and fair.Today is the nationwide release of the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Final Summit.