Stef Milenewicz's Reviews > Summer of the Monkeys

Summer of the Monkeys by Wilson Rawls

5192794
Apr 11, 11

Read in April, 2011

I bought this book to read to my 10 year old son. I didnt realize this book would become one of my favorites! I laughed so hard I cried, and I cried so hard I laughed!! Yes my sweet oldest son loved making fun of me! This book is such a wonderful story about a boy that is from a poor family, he goes on an adventure with his dog catching monkeys that got loose from the circus. His relationship with his family is such a great story all in itself, and will make you remember special times with your grandpa. Wilson Rawls should have written more books! We as a society got jipped! Shame on the publisher that turned Where the Red Fern Grows away and told him he is not a good author!! Thank God his wife made him go to another publisher after she found the book in the attic many years later... If you are looking for a great adventure to read to your kids, or looking for a great adventure for yourself this would be a great one for you!! I highly recommend it!!
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Summer of the Monkeys.