Debbie's Reviews > Rescue Ink: Tough Guys on a Mission to Keep Our Animals Safe

Rescue Ink by Denise Flaim

Apr 11, 11

bookshelves: animals, 2011, non-fiction, dead-tree
Read on April 11, 2011

I first heard of Rescue Ink a few days ago on a forum on Ravelry. I ran across this book at the Borders store closing sale but passed it over despite the cheap price. This past weekend, I went to a discount bookstore (as if I needed more books!) and there was this book, yet again. I sighed and gave into fate and added the book to my pile.

This morning, I needed a book for the train and impulsively grabbed this on the way out the door. It was a fast read and I read a good chunk of it on my commute to/from work, and another chunk on the elliptical at the gym. I finished the last few chapters over dinner. Obviously, I liked the book enough to not want to put it down. And once I finished it, I went to pick up my cat and snuggle with him because I needed to show him I loved him. Of the three animals I have, he is the only rescue (the two rabbits I got from 4-H breeders), and I think he knew I was his forever home since he emphatically picked me at the adoption center (or he just knows a sucker when he sees one).

The stories in this book alternately broke my heart and gave me hope. I loved that the Rescue Ink guys are showing the world that animal lovers come in all shapes and sizes, and aren't all crazy cat ladies. I applaud their devotion and willingness to speak out, and their going above and beyond for animals. I was really impressed with the thoughtfulness they approached animal rescue, recognizing the reality of the world and that not every animal can be rescued, but the importance was improving the lives of the animals they can reach.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rescue Ink.