A.'s Reviews > Sons and Lovers

May 05, 11

bookshelves: to-read, unfinished
I own a copy

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sons and Lovers.

05/05/2011 page 6
1.0% "He would not leave her. All the time he stuck close to her, bristling with a small boy's pride of her. For no other woman looked such a lady as she did, in her little black bonnet and her cloak...since she had gone, he had not enjoyed his wakes."
05/05/2011 page 8
2.0% "the prospect of her life made her feel as if she were buried alive."
05/07/2011 page 51
10.0% "She saw him a man, young, full of vigour, making the world glow again for her."
05/09/2011 page 62
12.0% "It never occured to him that she might be more hurt at his going away than glad of his success"
05/15/2011 page 76
15.0% "Sleep is still most perfect, in spite o hygienists, when it is shared with a beloved. The warmth, the security and peace of soul, the utter comfort from the touch of the other, knits the sleep, so that it takes the body and soul completely in its healing."
05/15/2011 page 87
17.0% "My shoes are made of Spanish leather, My socks are made of silk; I wear a ring on every finger, I wash myself in milk."
06/05/2011 page 101
20.0% "Tall and elegant, with the clearest of clear, transparent olive complexions, hair as black as jet, and such grey eyes-bright mocking like lights on water at night"
06/15/2011 page 125
24.0% "Then he told her the budget of the day. His life-story, like an Arabian Nights, was told night after night to his mother. It was almost as if it were her own life."