E. Kelly's Reviews > Kissed from Beyond

Apr 11, 2011

liked it
Read from April 11 to 12, 2011

My Thoughts

I’ll be the first to admit, I usually don’t read shorts. The choice is intentional. I have always found them to be weak and underdeveloped. In this case, I made an exception. I was intrigued by the story lines and the location. All of the stories have the same setting: Savannah, Georgia. Savannah is my favorite city in the United States. So… I just had to read them.
The story lines in this anthology were creative and unique, and, for the most part, well written. I did find at times, that the sex was unnecessarily crass. I‘m a firm believer that erotica can be tasteful. There were times that these stories lost that. Of the four shorts, I liked Cradle of Dreams and One More Rub the best. Both stories, although very unique in themselves, had developed story lines with romantic endings. Both ‘Till We Meet Again and A Love Soul Deep, broke one of my cardinal rules. (I don’t want to spoil it for anyone but suffice it to say, these stories didn’t end the way I like stories to end).
All in all, did I enjoy them? Yes, I did. Some more than others. Would I read them again? Probably not. Would I read full-length novels from these writers? Yes, I would, specifically Diablo and Hepner. It would be very interesting to see what they could do with a full-length novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kissed from Beyond.