Marjorie Seward's Reviews > The Storm at the Door

F 50x66
Apr 11, 2011

it was ok
Read from April 27 to May 16, 2011

Sometimes situations has a way of sneeking up and giving you a whack. Reading the synopsis before beginning this book was a whole lot different than reading it again when I was half way through. Growing up my mother worked as an aid at the state hospital in the '60's and some of the situations were familiar as the way she discribed them. There has been various movies and books about mental illness and the recovery which I have enjoyed very much but whether it is the modern way of writing or what this book was a hard read. It is also great to know that there has been many break-throughs in the way mental illness is treated at this time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Storm at the Door.

04/27/2011 page 70
19.0% "My mother worked at the state mental hospital during the '60's while I was growing up. While I was a teen at this time some of the situations in this book are as she discribed them so seem familiar to me."
05/14/2011 page 199
54.0% "I'm having a hard time staying focused on this book. It is not my normal reading material and some of the situations are very disturbing to me"

Marjorie Seward Just received my first book from first reads can't wait to read it. Hope to start it Wednesday when I can set aside some time to devote to reading.