Nellee's Reviews > Deep and Dark and Dangerous

Deep and Dark and Dangerous by Mary Downing Hahn

Apr 11, 2011

Review from my blog: http://nelleehorne.blogspot.com/

I bought this at Goodwill because it was so cheap and I love ghost stories! I read it during a thunderstorm which added suspense to an already suspenseful book. It was written for, at least this is what is says on amazon, 6-8 year-olds, but I thought it was a great read for someone at least ten years older than the age group. It was scary and, unlike a lot of books I read, the ending shocked me. It was unpredictable which means it was a fantastic read. I would say six year-olds, who were like me when I was six, would love this because it is so scary but it's not too...little-kiddy for teens to read when they have nothing else.

Cons: I've read a lot of ghost stories, some real and some not. I happen to believe in ghost and spirits because I experience them first-hand in my house. Not all the time, but I know that something is there and so does my family. I've researched this subject for years ( I remember researching a whole lot in 3rd grade) so I'm like an expert in the subject :). However, the ghost in this book acts too normal. I mean, I know it was supposed to be that way since it's highly possible a haunting can be like what's in the book, but it could've been a little weirder and spookier, you know? Oh, well. That's just my opinion :).

4 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deep and Dark and Dangerous.