Grace's Reviews > Home for the Holidays

Home for the Holidays by Heather Vogel Frederick

F 50x66
Nov 16, 11

Read from October 07 to 22, 2011

BEST. BOOK. EVER. I am curled up with my Betsy-Tacy Afghan and a box of tissues. Not because the book is sad! Because I am so happy! And a dork, but what can you do??!!

Summary: Loved it. Loved all the BT references. Technically, by adding the 5th girl, I found it harder to follow which girl was narrating each chapter. It would have been helpful to have the narrator's name on the top or bottom of each page, so an easy glance would remind you if Emma or Cassidy or whomever was talking. Also, adding Becca's voice meant less of the other 4 girls' voices. So I felt less connected with their thoughts and feelings, than at the end of other books. And there were so many new characters in California and New Hampshire that I could have used a character road map. So it was slightly more confusing overall, but still a sweet, warm book worth millions of re-reads and perfect for gift giving!
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Home for the Holidays.

Erin Love it!

Grace Finished! Now I'll need to re-read just to enjoy the Betsy references again. This 5th in the series was a little harder to follow. There were lots of extra characters, such as on the ship and at Jess' hotel. Then with having Becca's voice, it meant less depth time to the other girls that I've gotten to know. It would help to have a runner at the bottom or top of every page with the narrator's name so you can easily remember which girl voice you are "hearing." As I've come to expect, there was a satisfying conclusion for all the girls.

Brooke A character road map...hilarious.

Alaina Chandler I really loved this book and the rest of the series.I read each book several times!!