BecksBookPicks's Reviews > Shiver of Fear

Shiver of Fear by Roxanne St. Claire

Apr 13, 11

Read from April 11 to 12, 2011

I really enjoyed this one. It was a high paced read, action packed, and a little romance on the side. I read the first book in this series and loved the characters in it. It was nice getting to revisit the same characters again. No new characters were thrown in, so it made it much easier when sitting down to read this one. Each character in this series is unique and catches your attention. This series is one you can read in order or read separately if you choose.

In this one we deal with Marc who has been burned in his past by his ex-wife. He is ready to join the team with his family as a Guradian Angelinos, which is basically an team who investigates. He is sent on a mission to get Devyn out of Belfast and find out why she is there. We learn from the beginning that Devyn is searching for her real mother and feels her mother is wants her to find her.

There is a twist in the end of this book that I did not see coming that dealt with the mother. In some ways when the twist came, I felt like the author wrote it very misleading. The twist was good, but when looking back at what I had read, in someways the twist didn't make sense. Aside from that though, it was very enjoyable.

The romance is there in this book, but in no ways does it overcloud this book. Really, the romance is very minimum in this book. There is slight flirting in this book and maybe two scenes in this book where the couple has intimacy and its very short and clean.

I recommend this book to anyone who like to think and solve a mystery and doesn't mind a little romance thrown in.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shiver of Fear.

Carol I agree about the twist with the mother. Instead of being surprised I just felt mislead.