Ashleigh's Reviews > Water for Elephants

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

Jun 18, 11

bookshelves: fiction, animal-rights, favorites, to-buy
Read from June 11 to 18, 2011

This book had me from the word go. I absolutely loved every second of it. I adored the interwined storylines of present Jacob and past Jacob. I loved the magic of the circus alongside the horrors. I thought the characters were brilliant. In Jacob the author created an amazing hero. I hated August as if my life depended on it. I honestly felt like I was with Jacob every step of the way, through all his turmoil and loss. This book made me laugh & cry and I am so sad its over. I love when a book does that to you. I especially loved the ending. Rosie is stunning throughout and I really felt like the author made her come to life on the pages. If you have any interest in a circus romance or animal exploitation, you should read this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Water for Elephants.

Quotes Ashleigh Liked

Sara Gruen
“I want her to melt into me, like butter on toast. I want to absorb her and walk around for the rest of my days with her encased in my skin.

I want.”

Sara Gruen
“With a secret like that, at some point the secret itself becomes irrelevant. The fact that you kept it does not.”

Sara Gruen
“The more distressing the memory, the more persistent it's presence. ”

Sara Gruen
“When two people are meant to be together, they will be together. It's fate.”

06/11/2011 page 30