Scarlett's Reviews > Enclave

3520693
Jun 17, 11

bookshelves: library, reviewed
Read from May 31 to June 01, 2011

Originally posted on my blog here.

This is the second dystopian book that I’ve read in the past month or so. It was fantastic! I must admit that reading about a zombie apocalypse makes me want to get a little fitter, put some food into storage and learn how to use a bow (or at the very least snares). All the same, this was a great book. Ann did a marvelous job recreating a degenerated society, one that was easy to follow and understand. Deuce is a good character. She’s tough but has a soft spot, one she eventually embraces. It stinks that this is the beginning of a series. I CAN’T WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE!

The first half of the book grabbed my attention a little more because it was so different. The second half felt a little like The Road meets I am Legend, however, the last few chapters started getting really interesting. Let’s just say that we don’t know everything that there is to know about Deuce. There is A LOT of potential for this in future books and I really hope the author properly develops it. I also really, really, really want more development between Fade and Deuce. This would make me happy, very happy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enclave.

05/31/2011