valee's Reviews > Slow Ride

2320890
Mar 10, 12

bookshelves: cont-romance
Read from March 05 to 10, 2012

Don't be fulled by this rating because it was a great read. This series might not be my favorite but I really enjoyed each of the books in it. With every new book I find myself always coming back to this series once again. I'm not sure what it is but I do adore the racing world and I find it extremely intriguing and fascinating.

This installment is about a character we have been reading about since the beginning: TUESDAY JONES, sports news reporter, more like a blogger. I will admit I didn't like this character before, not at least until the previous installment. I found her shallow, naive and pretentious. But then with the last book we got to know her much better and I did start to like her right there. Now with this book I really got to enjoy her wild and crazy moments. She is different, no doubts about that, but once you get to know her better you can't help to like her more. She did have a little drinking problem that annoyed the hell out of me, there's a limit for times you can screw things up without realizing you have a serious problem. But she did get better eventually... And she had some very funny thoughts now and then, which made me laugh like crazy:
“Diesel better have a big dick, that's all she was saying.”

DIESEL LANGE... oh, boy. Now that was a character I didn't mind reading about. You know how we all (girls) praise ourselves of loving all those alpha type of heroes the best? Well, I definitely changed my mind after reading about 'Daniel' Diesel Lange... **sigh. This author definitely managed to achieve the PERFECT HERO. He was top-alpha-material, but he had this other side to him, all sweet and caring. This sounds great but it's not an easy thing to achieve for an author. If you get them too much around the sweet side they tend to lose all that virility we love so much about them, but if you give them too much 'alpha' attitude they may seem callous and cold, maybe even detached. Well, Daniel just had the perfect alpha and beta mix on him going on.

THE BOOK was a great addition to the series although it was a bit slower-paced than the previous ones. I didn't like that. I missed the racing world as Diesel was a retired-driver and wasn't driving any more, nor wasn't he seeing the other racers (which made me miss the previous characters big time). On the other hand, the romance was great. Diesel and Tuesday were great for each other. I always adore books about total opposites, I think they make the best couples.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slow Ride.