Felicia's Reviews > Bloodshot

Bloodshot by Cherie Priest

Apr 10, 11

bookshelves: vaginal-urban-fantasy, urban-paranormal
Read in April, 2011

Sooo I've been bored with this genre lately, but this one actually had me turning pages! I would say the best thing about it is that it starts with all the cliches, the wisecracking and tough vampire paranormal chick quipping up a storm, precocious kids, mysterious hunky guy etc et, but sufficiently turns things on their heads enough to keep it fresh and interesting. The characters were definitely the strongest part of this book. I really enjoyed reading their dialogue and the first person view of the main vamp lady, her neurotic outbursts and self-denial were pretty amusing. The plot had some huge holes in it and got silly at the end, (CIA whaaa?) but I really enjoyed the journey that gathered some cool characters together and look forward to a followup!
16 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodshot.

message 1: by Ray (new)

Ray Saltrelli What, pray tell, is vaginal urban fantasy??? Are goblins roaming your downtown region?

message 2: by Rusk (new)

Rusk Dorsett Have you read Cherie Priest's American Steampunk books? Boneshaker is really very, good. Airships and zombies...all wrapped up in Civil War era goodness.

Felicia Rusk wrote: "Have you read Cherie Priest's American Steampunk books? Boneshaker is really very, good. Airships and zombies...all wrapped up in Civil War era goodness."
Yeah, I liked it pretty good. I think I even like this one better, but good reminder to check out the other books in that series!

Megan It took me about ninety pages to like this book, but i'm glad I stuck with it. Cliche but delightful.