D.C. Menard's Reviews > Exit Strategy

Exit Strategy by Kelley Armstrong

Apr 10, 11

Read on April 10, 2011

Kelley Armstrong. I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it many many times again. She is, by far, my favorite author. And this book does nothing to change that fact. Before this point I've only read her supernatural series (The otherworld books as well as the Darkest Powers trilogy, and recently the first novel in the darkness rising series)

Originally I had no desire to read this book. I'm quite heavily into the supernatural scene, and I wasn't interested in reading anything else. But a friend convinced me I aught to. And I'm very thankful to her.

This book is extremely well written. I loved reading about a cop turned hit woman chasing after a hit man turned serial killer. It was very intriguing. If there were any complaints to be had it is simply that I hated the fact that Jack didn't speak in full sentences. I understand, of course, that it's part of his character, and it definitely set him apart, but I found I was more often distracted by it, my mind rewriting the sentences to make them full and complete, before I could actually move on.

Also, at the beginning, Armstrong continuously referred back to Nadia's past, without telling us what her past was. But it was done in such a way as if to make me think I should already know it. I found it rather frustrating. Thankfully it was eventually explained.

While the end (which I'm obviously not going to go into detail) answered most questions - while still leaving it open for a sequel, of which there is one - I found myself dissatisfied by certain loose ends that weren't tied up.

I'm looking forward to reading the sequel in the hopes of getting a more satisfying conclusion. Over all, I would recommend this book to any Kelley Armstrong fan, whether they think they don't want to read a non-supernatural or not. This book will only make them love Armstrong all the more.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Exit Strategy.

04/10/2011 page 262