Maryan Heffernan's Reviews > Inside WikiLeaks: My Time with Julian Assange at the World's Most Dangerous Website

Inside WikiLeaks by Daniel Domscheit-Berg

F_50x66
Apr 10, 11

Read in March, 2011

This memoir of WikiLeaks has no literary pretence; however the detailed and chronological account of the web site and its founder is very compelling.

WikiLeaks and Assange need no introduction. This account of Domscheit-Berg’s charts the very scrappy founding of what appeared to be an ad hoc website with limited servers, outdated technologies and a couple of brilliant techies to become a force to be reckoned with worldwide.

He also chronicles the personal relationship between Assange and himself from Assange being his idol and philosophical genius to a rather unattractive, arrogant and self serving leader, paranoid about his team and making unpredictable decisions.

Detailed chat transcripts outline the disintegration of the relationship with a final comment telling the author that “I will destroy you” and “I will not tolerate disloyalty in crisis.” Look out for a new secure site “Open Leaks”

Whatever a persons opinion the Wikileaks phenomena has sparked a debate from journalists to politians and ethicists on the freedom of information and the issue of honesty and tranparency.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inside WikiLeaks.