Sandra's Reviews > The Engine 2 Diet: The Texas Firefighter's 28-Day Save-Your-Life Plan that Lowers Cholesterol and Burns Away the Pounds

The Engine 2 Diet by Rip Esselstyn

Apr 10, 2011

Read in April, 2011

I guess you might say this is a book that proves that veganism really is for "people just like you and me." Rip Esselstyn, is a firefighter and athlete who took vegan cooking into the firehouse and dramatically and forever improved the health of many firefighters at his station. Rip, whose father--Dr. Caldwell B. Esselstyn, Jr., who famously has done research on the benefits to the heart of plant-based diets--has now gone full-time into health education.

This book, E2D, is direct, easy-to-read, and chocked full of information. His review of the literature on the health benefits of a plant-based diet is streamlined, yet complete and convincing. His tips on grocery shopping and reading labels are as good or better than any I've read elsewhere. And his recipes are easy, doable, and include reasonable, easy to find ingredients. This is an excellent book for anyone who is leaning toward veganism or a mostly plant-based diet. This guy's enthusiasm is contagious.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Engine 2 Diet.