Jayme's Reviews > Contact

Jun 07, 11

bookshelves: 2011, science-fiction, 20th-century, religion, america
Recommended to Jayme by: Cindy
Read from May 20 to June 04, 2011 , read count: 1

This has been one of my favourite movies for ages now and it's about time I got around to reading it. I think the reason I love it so much is that it seems like such a plausible alien contact story. Like something that really could happen tomorrow. And that makes you think about what might be out there. On a day to day basis it seems stupid and silly to think about aliens, but once in a while something like this comes along and you think, "Oh yeah, that could totally happen!".

However, this isn't a science fiction book to read if you like action. It is definitely a book to read if you like long pages of exposition on how the world and the universe works and what it might be like if aliens ever made contact with us.
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Contact.

message 1: by Marieke (new)

Marieke it's totally going to happen tomorrow. in cosmological time! bwa-hah-ha-a!

Jayme Good one!

message 3: by Dan (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dan Contact is one of my all time favorite movies. I read the book about 15 years ago. I should really consider re-reading it.

Jayme It was a lot of fun to read! I'm looking forward to reading some of his non-fiction. Have you read any?