Reut's Reviews > Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Nov 27, 13

bookshelves: favorites-alltime, favorites-2012, boarding-school, book-boyfriends, books-of-my-youth, exotic-locale, happy-reads, high-school, let-me-live-in-it, let-me-write-like-that, narrator-and-i-are-the-same, parents, siblings
Recommended for: EVERYONE
Read from June 15, 2011 to April 30, 2012, read count: 2

Originally reviewed on reutreads, a young adult book blog.

It has been 6 months and 22 days since Anna and the French Kiss came out. Since then, I have seen it everywhere. This book has stalked me. Now, after a certain point when one sees rave reviews of a book on every book blog they trust, one looks for it at the library first. (At least I do.) Now, if the library doesn't have the book, one looks at a different library website, that one is eligible for because they go to school in that city. One sees that the library has about 30 copies and 120 holds. At this point one scoffs and goes "feggit it." Then, slowly slowly, the book creeps up on you. Eventually one gives in and requests the first library to buy copies of the book. In the comment section of the form for requesting purchases, one writes, "has great reviews." The library e-mails one back a few days later saying that one's request has been approved. One is happy.

Days, weeks! go by. One does not receive a copy of Anna and the French Kiss. One asks a librarian how long it takes for the library to get their newly purchased items. The librarian says it could take up to two months. One is astonished. One then sees that the book has a great price on The Book Depository, and since The Book Depository is having a sale, well... One buys the book.

In case you didn't guess, one is me. I know, right? You had no idea!

So yeah, I bought the book. And it was totally worth it. I gushed over this book, I took it with me everywhere for the 36-hours it took me to read it. I sighed when it was over. Everyone who sits at my lunch table knows who I'm talking about when I say "St. Clair."

Anna and the French Kiss. How can I even begin to describe Anna? Anna is flawless. Anna's hair is insured for $10,000. Anna does car commercials... in Japan. Anna's favourite movie is Varsity Blues. One time, Anna met John Stamos on a plane, and he told it it was awesome. One time, I read Anna and the French Kiss... it was awesome.

But on to what I liked loved. I loved the characters. They were all so developed. They all had hopes, and flaws, and quirks and defences and were just amazing. I loved the setting. Paris is gorgeous. I loved St. Clair. I loved Anna.

I loved this book. You will too. Go buy it.
7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anna and the French Kiss.

Quotes Reut Liked

Stephanie Perkins
“I wish friends held hands more often, like the children I see on the streets sometimes. I'm not sure why we have to grow up and get embarrassed about it.”

Stephanie Perkins
“Is it possible for home to be a person and not a place?”

Stephanie Perkins
“The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you.”

“I'm sorry," he says.
"What? Why?"
"You're fixing everything I set down." He nods at my hands, which are readjusting the elephant. "It wasn't polite of me to come in and start touching your things."
"Oh, it's okay," I say quickly, letting go of the figurine. "You can touch anything of mine you want."
He freezes. A funny look runs across his face before I realize what I've said. I didn't mean it like that.
Not that that would be so bad.”

06/15/2011 page 15
4.0% "I am in love with this book. In love."
04/30/2012 page 129
35.0% "Re-reading. I've reread my favorite scenes endless times, but experiencing everything over again is just.. fantastic."

Cara I do the same thing too;) I check if the library has it, then if they don't I request it. The being patient part is the hardest though! I'm so glad you loved the book:D