Katie's Reviews > Rock Hard

Apr 15, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: alpha-type-hero, e-book, second-chance
Read from April 10 to 14, 2011

** spoiler alert ** Ok, I gotta start out with I LOVED Sed. He was the ultimate alpha super hero but I was hoping he would get a better woman.

Sed, the lead singer of Sinners has held a candle for Jessica since she walked out on their engagement 2 years ago. He still thinks about her constantly and when he runs into her again he hopes to get the opportunity to win her back. He acknowledges he is a mess without her. Jessica is a law student hell bent on showing Sed she can use him for sex the same way he has used dozens of women without her emotions getting in the way. The trouble for her is even though Sed is the same take charge kind of guy that used to drive her crazy, she now sees that in his control freak mind he is trying to help those he loves.

I had to repeatedly remind myself that this book was "erotica" because within the first 20 or so pages I almost stopped reading. The part when Sed takes the groupies back to the room and Jessica walks in on him getting "serviced" really irritated me. The idea that she (Jessica) would just look past where his member had been 10 seconds prior (after not having sex with ANYONE the whole time they were separated) and jump him was just nasty. What was the purpose of the condom? Yuck!!! That scene set up my opinion that Jessica was a TSTL crazy nympho that I couldn't bring myself to like. To me she had no depth and definitely not Sed worthy.

Sed and the other guys made the book likable to me. I love his take charge personality and the banter with the band mates is hilarious. Overall I enjoyed Rock Hard. The disappointing heroine brought the book down a couple notches for me. I have high hopes for the other guys books.

3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rock Hard.

Kathy I was just going to order this. Is it as good as the first book?

Katie I'm halfway through and not liking Jessica all that much Sed is great though. Honestly so far not quite as good as the first.

message 3: by Veronica~Nhaughty (last edited Apr 10, 2011 02:42PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Veronica~Nhaughty Totally agree Katie! Couldn't put Backstage Pass down, but this one...really want to bitch slap Jessica!! Ugh!!

diggers~gurl Veronica~Nhaughty keep me posted on this one. I loved backstage pass!! Read it in 2 days. But now y'all got me nervous about rock hard. Wondering if I wanna waste my money on it or get back to book 5 of BDB.