Lindsay's Reviews > Rules of Attraction

Apr 17, 11

bookshelves: all-time-favorites, books-i-own, cover-lust
Read from April 10 to 12, 2011

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

I hate myself for taking so long to read this series! Seriously! Those Fuentes brothers make me desperately want one brother of my own. Rules of Attraction is the wonderful and sexually appealing sequel to Perfect Chemistry. It features Alex's younger brother Carlos, who is fiesty, hard to control, and rape-worthy sexy as hell and his love interest Kiara, who is opposite of him in every way!

I can't even begin to say how much I love these characters. Carlos really bugged me at the beginning, because despite Alex and him having so much in common (seriously, it was almost scary how much the two were alike), Alex chose to be in a gang to protect his family while Carlos just feels like being in a gang and disses Alex and Brittany to no end. The lovable brotherly banter between these two was outright hilarious and yes, Carlos was mean to him but he loves his brother, who does some pretty stupid shit in this book.

Then there's Kiara. She stutters. She wears baggy clothes. She's a tomboy. And yet she and Carlos fit together better than crumbling magnet cookies ;). I loved how Simone Elkeles paced their romance a bit more than the romance in the first book and at the same time, had both characters deny their own chemistry. It made for a very swoon worthy book.

I loved Kiara's family like crazy. Brandon works diligently to break down Carlos's inner walls and does a fabulous job too. Her mom reminds me of my mom, innocent and clueless to all tension around her and her dad was hilarious. Seriously, I was not expecting military dad extraordinare!

And there were some moments that were just so priceless I nearly collapsed from laughing so hard. I mean Tuck really brought out the fury in Carlos but those to had some really great moments.

Overall, I love this book, and I'm dying to get my hands on the final book Chain Reaction featuring Luis! Although we haven't seen much of him, both brothers describe him to be cute, innocent and desperately trying to be an astronaut. I'm dying to read the book after reading the Goodreads blurb several times so thank god its only a few more months and not another year.

Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rules of Attraction.