Xander's Reviews > Batman: The Long Halloween

Batman by Jeph Loeb

Apr 10, 11

Read in April, 2011

In a collection like this, the necessities of the serialized format become a bit distracting.
So...I read this because I heard internet gossip that it may serve as a primary source for Nolan's script for "The Dark Knight Rises" perhaps particularly when it comes to the character of Alberto Falcone/The Holiday Killer (Joseph Gordon Levitt?). Whether or not those rumors turn out to be true, this, as a long-time Batman fan, was a satisfying read.
This functions as another take on the origins story of Two-Face. And this one felt as or more real than what we've seen a dozen times before (including Nolan's "Dark Knight"). This also presented a parade of Batman's rogue gallery. At times this felt forced, as one issue was the Joker, the next issue was Poison Ivy, and then the Riddler...but again this was also fun. These are great criminals and rarely do we get them all at once.
By the end there may have been a few too many twists for its own good (read: Gilda Dent?!), but it remained a year in the life of the vigilante well done.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Batman.