Wendy Ann's Reviews > IM

IM by Rick R. Reed

4291941
Eerily realistic and altogether creepy! It’s not hard to imagine real life events mimicking fiction in this case. The storytelling is extremely vivid and puts you inside the heads of multiple characters as it unfolds. Some of the scenes are quite graphic, so reader be warned.

The writing style just pulled me immediately into the story. From there, I was along for the ride on every twist and turn to get to the bottom of this case. I felt all the roiling emotions of every character – from the frenzied fear of each victim, to the sadistic glee of the killer, to Ed’s despair and maniacal need to solve the case – wow! You may want to consider reading this one with all the lights on and lots of background noise, because it has its own creep factor without worrying about that odd squeak you heard in the house!

I have nothing but accolades for a brilliant piece of fiction by this author. If I had one wish for this book, it would be just a bit more closure surrounding the ending. There were several loose ends where I wanted to know “what happened to…” vs. using my imagination. Other than that, a masterful horror story!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read IM.