Reena Jacobs's Reviews > The Final Warning

Apr 09, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: 2011-reads, reviewed
Read from April 19 to 21, 2011

This book had enough of an ending that I feel comfortable ending the series here. Expect my review May 7, 2011 on my website: http://reenajacobs.com/blog/?p=4577

The first thing I noticed about this book was the flock faced off against super-villains who were super-dumb. I mean, not an ounce of intelligence floated around in the brains of the bad guys. It was really sad, to be honest. They were worse than Lash in Lover Mine (see review here). Most of my notes were about how the villains were too stupid to live (TSTL). So I’ll warn you now… this review won’t be all intensive.

Then we had the whole thing about wanting to have a world full of only flawless super-people… one thing, we have beings that don’t even have enough body parts to be mobile in control. Huh? Do the leaders plan to terminate themselves in the end? This all falls under the TSTL category.

Once again, this book was filled with repetition… so much so, I wondered if Mr. Patterson had amnesia at times. Characters verbalized thoughts other characters had. We had the kiss and run scene from the prior book in here. Come on… can’t we get a little something original? I’m sitting here laughing about the entire book right now. I swear this is one of those books the author writes just to see how much he/she can get away with and have people make the purchase.

The biggest disappointment of the whole book…

If you want to skip spoilers now’s the time to stop reading…

The saving the world nonsense? OMG!!!! It was about saving the planet from global warming. I can’t believe the entire series led up to something as mundane as that. Yeah… I’m all for taking care of the planet and all, but a superhero book with a green peace plot? Fang and Max really got into though. It was a race between the two, I swear it was. Who could save the world first and in the biggest way. Their egos totally got blown out of the water, this time around, especially Max. I am Max; here me roar!

So my overall impression of the series:

If you want realistic plots and scenarios, don’t bother… you’ll just piss yourself off. If you’re looking for a good laugh with quirky dialogue and thoughts, give it a try. Despite my ranting, I had a wonderful time with this series and laughed the entire way through, minus one time during book three where I considered tossing the book out the window. If you’re interested in what I had to say about the other books in the series, check out my reviews here.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Final Warning.

04/19/2011 page 5
2.0% "This book is significant shorter than the others (256 pages compared to the 400+ pages of the other). I hope it's not all due to font size and more to do with less repetition."
04/19/2011 page 8
3.0% "Not even 10 pages in and already the evil scientist dudes are doing dumb stuff. What's with that?"
04/20/2011 page 63
25.0% "It's so odd to read a book and not trust anyone, not even the main character."
04/20/2011 page 111
43.0% "Book just got all edumacational."
04/21/2011 page 150
59.0% "So far I'm liking this a lot better than book 3. It's not the constant found, fight, flee. And now we've got a wrench in the mix."