Heather Book Savvy Babe's Reviews > The Deadliest Bite

The Deadliest Bite by Jennifer Rardin

May 19, 11

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, paranormal-romance, vamped-out, netgalley, review-on-blog
Read from May 05 to 06, 2011

The Deadliest Bite is book 8 (the final installment) in Jennifer Rardin’s urban fantasy series. This series has followed Jaz Parks, a supernatural CIA assassin, and her partner, a centuries old vampire named Vayl, through thrilling adventures, dangers, and countries. This installment is quite special, it is do or die (literally) for Jaz in this adventure. Jaz must discover how to unlock an ancient artifact and survive a trip to hell in order to live, and she only has days to accomplish this.
For starters, I love how in this installment, we get to really see Jaz and Vayl as a couple. They have a chemistry between them that has been building since book 1, and finally, we get to truly see them together, and I loved it. Jaz puts her past relationship and loss behind her, and even Vayl gets his priorities straight for once. He quits antagonizing over his missing son’s souls, and focuses on what he has. As for Vayls missing sons, that story line is addressed here, and it’s surprising and perfectly fitting to the series.
The Deadliest Bite is not what I was expecting. I was expecting the gang to take an immediate trip to hell. However, I was surprised to find that the group had to deal with other issues first. Cole has issues with his demon-touched self, Cassandra and Dave have plenty of surprises to share, and Bergman has lady troubles. All together, the series ends on a high note, with story lines tied up, and others begun, and all of it fitting to the series.

**As to the series, when asked how I would describe the Jaz Parks series, I say think of the show Alias pumped up with supernaturals, vampires, shifters, demons, and others. This series is high energy, and Jaz is full of snarky humor, terrible language, and she makes the best silly and inane comments at the worst times. This series is a must for urban fantasy fans, I very highly recommend this series. There is not much romance, but there is a bit of sexual tension and chemistry, just to make things even more interesting. To sum it up, don’t miss this series!

*read this review and more at my blog: http://booksavvybabe.com
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Deadliest Bite.

05/05/2011
15.0% "I <3 Jaz Parks!"
05/06/2011
49.0% "Not what I expected, but pretty good so far"