Bookmom's Reviews > Chasing The Night

Chasing The Night by Iris Johansen

U_50x66
Apr 09, 11

Eleventh book featuring expert forensic facial sculpturer, Eve Duncan, who is practically forced to do a computer age progression on the son of desperate CIA agent, Catherine Ling. Luke had been kidnapped by Rakovac in Russia as a means to hurt her when her son was only two and still calls her periodically to get as much pain out of her as possible. Rakovac has fed the CIA just enough intel over the years to keep them off his back. But something big is going on. The CIA needs to know what Rakovac is planning and needs him alive. Catherine has had enough with being held back for the greater good and just wants her son back.

As Catherine predicted, Eve’s passion in her work hooks her and her lover, Joe Quinn, into becoming involved in the search and rescue of the now eleven year-old boy. Add to the mix Kelly, a fourteen year-old genius who can see patterns and is now devoted to Catherine after being rescued from a rebel camp in South America.

This is my first book by this author of thrillers and it does well as a stand-alone book with plenty of action and political intrigue, although I probably would have enjoyed the relationship between Eve and Joe more if I'd read prior books. The story moves along at a good clip and the characters are interesting.

I very much enjoyed the explanation Eve gives about facial structure at different ages when doing the age progression and facial reconstruction.

Reviewed for Library Thing

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasing The Night.